Instructions for Ornion (Estriol) 0,1 % 15 gr
English product name
vaginal cream 0.1%: 15 g oar with applicator
White or almost white vaginal cream, uniform, with a slight specific smell.
estriol 1 mg
Adjuvants: glycerol (glycerin) - 120 mg, stearyl alcohol - 88.4 mg, ethanol 95% (ethyl alcohol 95%) - 50 mg, cetyl alcohol - 36.7 mg, macrogol 25 cetostearyl ether - 32.4 mg, cetilpalmitate - 15 mg, sorbitana stearate - 7.6 mg, lactic acid (100%) - 4 mg, sodium hydroxide - 1.2 mg, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (chlorhexyl chloride) dina hydrochloride) - 0.1 mg, water purified - up to 1 g.
15 g - aluminium tubes (1) complete with applicator - cardboard packs.
Clinical-pharmacological groups / Group affiliation
Pharmaco-therapeutic group Ornion
The drug should be stored in a dry, inaccessible place for children at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C.
Best before date
The shelf life is two years. Do not apply after expiry date.
- Hormone replacement therapy (SGT) for the treatment of low urinary and genital tract mucosa atrophy associated with estrogen
- eficiency in postmenopausal women;
- Pre- and post-operative therapy in postmenopausal women who have or have had vaginal access surgery;
- For diagnostic purposes with unclear results of cytological examination of cervical epithelium against the background of atrophic
- changes (as an auxiliary agent)
Method of use, course and dosage Ornion
The Ornion® cream should be injected into the vagina before bedtime with a calibrated applicator. One dose (when the applicator is filled to the ring mark) contains 0.5 g of Ornion® cream, corresponding to 0.5 mg of estriol.
The Ornion® Cream can be used in women with hysterectomy in the anamnesis, as well as in women with an intact uterus.
In the treatment of GST associated with estrogen deficiency in postmenopausal women, 1 intravaginal administration of the cream is performed daily for no more than two weeks until the symptoms are relieved. The dose is then gradually reduced to a supportive one, depending on the clinical picture (e.g. 1 administration 2 times a week).
The Ornion® cream contains estriol - an analogue of the natural female hormone. Estriol is used to correct estrogen deficiency in pre- and postmenopausal women. Effective in the treatment of urogenital disorders. In the case of vaginal and cervical epithelium atrophy, estriol compensates for these disorders, contributes to the restoration of normal microflora and physiological pH of the vagina, thereby increasing the resistance of the vaginal epithelium to infection and inflammatory processes.
- Nosology (ICD codes)
- Postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis
- Medical observation and evaluation in the event of a suspected disease or pathological condition
- Preparatory procedures for follow-up treatment or examination not classified elsewhere