Instructions for Maalox (Magnesium hydroxide, Algeldrat) sugar free chewable tablets
English product name
3.5 g+4 g/100 ml must. fl 250 ml 1 pc
Tobacco chewing (sugar free) 400 mg + 400 mg: 10 pcs
tab. chewing 400 mg+400 mg: 10 or 20 pcs
susp. d/ingestion 525 mg+600 mg/15 ml: park. 6 or 30 pcs
The tablets are chewable (sugar-free) from white to yellowish with a slight marbling, round, flat-cylindrical, with a chamfer, with the engraving "Maalox" on one side and "sans sucre" on the other, with the smell of lemon.
algedrate (in the form of aluminium oxide hydrated) 400 mg,
which corresponds to the aluminium oxide content 200 mg
magnesium hydroxide 400 mg
- sorbitol liquid (non-crystallizing) - 157 mg (equivalent to 109.9 mg sorbitol),
- maltitol - 632.62 mg,
- magnesium stearate - 16.36 mg,
- aromatizator lemon (flavoring preparations, natural flavoring substances,
- acacia cameo (E414), citric acid (E330),
- butyl hydroxyanisol (E320) - 17 mg,
- sodium saccharinate - 1.9 mg,
- glycerol equivalent - 30 mg (equivalent to 100 mg) 25.5 mg glycerol),
- talc - 32.72 mg.
A02AX Antacids, other combinations
Clinical-pharmacological groups / Group affiliation
Pharmacotherapy group Maalox
The drug should be stored in a place inaccessible to children at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C. Do not freeze (for suspension in bottle).
Best before date
Shelf life for chewing tablets - five years, for chewing tablets (without sugar) - three years; For suspension - three years.
The shelf life of the suspension after the first opening of the bottle is 6 months.
Do not use the drug after the expiry date indicated on the package.
- stomach and duodenal ulcer disease in the exacerbation phase;
- acute gastroduodenitis;
- chronic gastroduodenitis with normal or increased secretory function in the exacerbation phase;
- diaphragm esophageal hernia;
- reflux esophagitis;
- dyspeptic phenomena such as discomfort,
- acid burping (after excessive consumption of ethanol,
- taking medicines
Method of use, course and dosage:
Tablets should be spread or chewed carefully.
Adults and adolescents over the age of 15 years are prescribed the drug 1-2 tab. 3-4 times/day 1-2 hours after eating and at night.
In reflux esophagy, the drug is taken a short time after eating.
The maximum intake is 6 times/day. Do not take more than 12 tabb/day.
The duration of the reception should not exceed 2-3 months.
In episodic use, for example, in discomfort after errors in the diet, take 1-2 tab. once.
Suspension in bags Maalox
The drug Maalox is intended for ingestion only by persons older than 15 years.
Before applying the suspension in the bag should be homogenized, thoroughly grinding it between the fingers. The contents of the bag are accepted in an undissolved form.
Maalox® is taken with 1 bag of suspension (15 ml) usually 1-2 hours after meals and at night, as well as in the event of pain in the epigastria or heartburn. Daily dose should not exceed 6 sachets (90 ml of suspension per day).
Antacid preparation. Neutralizes free hydrochloric acid of gastric juice without causing its secondary hypersecretion. In addition, an increase in the pH of gastric juice when taking the drug Maalox® leads to a decrease in the activity of pepsin in the gastric juice. The drug Maalox also has an adsorbent and enveloping effect, due to which the effect of damaging factors on the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach is reduced.
Application in elderly patients
In older patients, the use of the drug in high doses may cause or exacerbate intestinal obstruction and obstruction.
Use in children
Use in children and adolescents under the age of fifteen is contraindicated.
- Nosology Maalox (ICD codes)
- Gastroesophageal reflux with esophagitis
- Stomach ulcer
- Duodenum ulcer
- Peptic ulcer
- Gastritis and duodenitis
- Functional dyspepsia (digestive disorder)
- Diaphragmal hernia
- Pains localized to upper abdomen
- Flatulence and related states (including bloating, burping)